A lot of us have heard what a Carbon Footprint is : the amount of carbon dioxide emitted due to the the consumption of fossil fuels by a particular person, group, etc.
But what is a water footprint? People use lots of water for drinking, cooking and washing, but even more for producing things such as food, paper, cotton clothes, etc.
The water foot print is an indicator of water use that looks at the direct and indirect water use of a consumer or producer. The water footprint of an individual, community or business is defined as the total volume of freshwater that is used to produce the goods and services consumed by the individual or community or produced by the business. Water is an essential resource for life and good health. A lack of water to meet daily needs is a reality today for one in three people around the world.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
– Freshwater is a scare resource and it’s annual demand is growing.
– The water footprint has exceeded sustainable levels at several places and is unequally distributed among people.
1. Water scarcity occurs even in areas where there is plenty of rainfall or freshwater. How water is conserved, used and distributed in communities, and the quality of the water available can determine if there is enough to meet the demands of households, farms, industry and the environment.
2. Water scarcity affects one in three people on every continent of the globe. The situation is getting worse as needs for water rise along with population growth, urbanization and increases in household and industrial uses.
3. Almost one fifth of the world’s population (about 1.2 billion people) live in areas where the water is physically scarce. One quarter of the global population also live in developing countries that face water shortages due to a lack of infrastructure to fetch water from rivers and aquifers.
4. Water scarcity forces people to rely on unsafe sources of drinking water. It also means they cannot bathe or clean their clothes or homes properly.
5. Poor water quality can increase the risk of such diarrhoeal diseases as cholera, typhoid fever and dysentery, and other water-borne infections. Water scarcity can lead to diseases such as trachoma (an eye infection that can lead to blindness), plague and typhus.
6. Water scarcity encourages people to store water in their homes. This can increase the risk of household water contamination and provide breeding grounds for mosquitoes – which are carriers of dengue fever, malaria and other diseases.
7. Water scarcity underscores the need for better water management. Good water management also reduces breeding sites for such insects as mosquitoes that can transmit diseasees and prevents the spread of water-borne infections such as schistosomiasis, a severe illness.
8. A lack of water has driven up the use of wastewater for agricultural production in poor urban and rural communities. More than 10% of people worldwide consume foods irrigated by wastewater that can contain chemicals or disease-causing organisms.
9. Millennium Development Goal number 7, target 10 aims to halve, by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation. Water scarcity could threaten progress to reach this target.
10. Water is an essential resource to sustain life. As governments and community organizations make it a priority to deliver adequate supplies of quality water to people, individuals can help by learning how to conserve and protect the resource in their daily lives.
(information above taken from the WHO)
HOW YOU CAN YOU REDUCE THE USE OF WATER AT HOME.
– You can reduce your ‘direct water footprint’ (home water use) by installing water saving toilets, applying a water-saving showerhead, closing the tap during teeth brushing or washing dishes, using less water in the garden and by not disposing medicines, paints or other pollutants through the sink.
SAVE WATER AND SUPPORT PRODUCT TRANSPARENCY OF CONSUMED GOODS
Your ‘indirect water footprint’ – the water consumption and pollution behind all the goods you buy – is much larger than your direct water footprint at home. There are two ways to reduce your indirect water footprint. One option is to eat less meat or become vegetarian, drink tea instead of coffee, or even better drink plain water. I even suggest getting a water ionizer/filter. I have 2 Kangen machines and haven’t gotten sick in ages also, I have reduced my both my carbon and water footprint by eliminating the need to support the monopolized water industry. You can buy more natural and sustainably produced clothes.
You may find it difficult to drastically change your consumption pattern. Though, what still remains, however: you can select the cotton/clothes, beef or coffee that has a relatively low water footprint or that has its footprint in an area that doesn’t have high water scarcity.
Some facts and figures taken from the WaterFootprint Network.
The production of one kilogram of beef requires 15 thousand litres of water (93% green, 4% blue, 3% grey water footprint). There is a huge variation around this global average. The precise footprint of a piece of beef depends on factors such as the type of production system and the composition and origin of the feed of the cow.
The water footprint of a 150-gram soy burger produced in the Netherlands is about 160 litres. A beef burger from the same country costs about 1000 litres.
The water footprint of Chinese consumption is about 1070 cubic meter per year per capita. About 10% of the Chinese water footprint falls outside China.
Japan with a footprint of 1380 cubic meter per year per capita, has about 77% of its total water footprint outside the borders of the country.
The water footprint of US citizens is 2840 cubic meter per year per capita. About 20% of this water footprint is external. The largest external water footprint of US consumption lies in the Yangtze river basin, China.
The global water footprint in the period 1996-2005 was 9087 Gm3/yr (74% green, 11% blue, 15% grey). Agricultural production contributes 92% to this total footprint.
CHECK OUT this product gallery that includes the breakdown of water consumption. It’s INSANE!
Not All Water is Created Equally.
Everyone who drinks ionized water, either in it’s natural state as glacier milk, or from a properly built and functioning water ionizer, lives in a state of health light years beyond those that don’t. Did you know that average life expectancy of those that exclusively drink glacier milk is over 110 years of age? And the 15% of the population of Japan that drinks ionized water from water ionizers have a 10 plus year longer life expectancy than those in the United States? And they have been drinking the ionized water for an average of only 12 years! Just think if they would have started drinking ionized water from birth! They would live to be 120 or more!
One glass of Ionized water can hydrate you body better than gallons of any other water. Ionized water can alkalize your body better than the only other method (eating a 100% organic and raw vegetarian diet).Ionized water removes damaging free radicals from you body more efficiently than consuming bottles of vitamin C! Ionized water oxygenates your body more effectively than any other ‘oxygen’ therapy. Ionized water can flush toxins and poisons out of your body better and with considerably less negative effects than any other detox program/protocol. Cancer, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, kidney/renal disease, cardiovascular disease, ad infinitum, are all slowed, stopped, and in most circumstances reversed when drinking ionized water.
– Ionized water is electronically enhanced water created through electrolysis.
Ionizes the minerals in the water creating positive hydrogen and negative hydroxyl ions.
– Electrically charged through electrolysis, hexagonal water is liquid crystalline water. It is theorized to have coherent characteristics where electrons spin together and information transfer is almost instantaneous. Hexagonal water posses a higher energy state – the key to providing rapid hydration, more efficient energy transfer, and the enhancement of numerous metabolic process and waste removal.
– Ionized water is hexagonally shaped (like a snowflake). It is considered to be the healthiest water in the world to drink. On the other hand, pentagonally shaped water (as an example distilled water or reverse osmosis water is 97% pentagonally shaped) is dead water. Placed any fish, plankton, or algae in pentagonally shaped water and they quickly die. The term hexagonal water refers to the specific crystalline organization generally accepted to exist only in the solid state (ice).
– Ionized water is structured water with hydrogen bonding and delivers excellent utilization effects through out the body. All biomechanical processes of the human body function at the cellular level. It is the hydrogen bonding of structured water that provides the greatest support for these vital processes.
– Ionized water is living water. All electrons in water either spin to the left or the right. High speed of the left spin of electrons is considered to substantiate that the water is vital and alive. Only ionized water has this quality.
– Ionized water is the only water that has a high surface tension. This produces a stronger capillary effect (the ability to move against gravity into tiny areas)which results in the improvement in hydration.
– Ionized water has a very alkaline pH. It can be from 100 to thousands times more alkaline than all the aforementioned waters. Alkaline water removes acidosis from the body, the environment in which all diseases swell, as well as the cause of most diseases.
– Ionized water has Super Conductive properties. Only ionized water holds an electrical charge. This is what gives water its vitality. It has the capacity to hold more energy than normal water because of its structure. It also has the capacity to transfer more energy. This results in increase energy felt by many who consume it.
–Ionized water is considered an excellent carrier for nutritional supplements. It is being used by a number of athletes and athletic teams to improve nutrient absorption, hydration and endurance.
– Ionized water is in clusters of 4 to 6 H 2 0 molecules. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance has shown that this is one third that of other waters, which has clusters of 10 to 15 molecules. This cluster reduction helps cells absorb ionized water quickly and efficiently.
– Ionized water is ‘pure’ or ‘virgin’ water. Everything water has been exposed to leaves an electromagnetic frequency signature or imprint. Negative frequencies are associated with diseases like cancer. Ionized water is virgin water because the EMF has been ‘reset’.
– Ionized water has millions of hydroxyl ions per glass. No other water has this incredible benefit. Hydroxyl ions ‘neutralize’ cancer causing and destructive free radicals in the body.
– Ionized water increase and enhances immune function. Most diseases are traced backed to dehydration. When there is insufficient water the bodily function starts to operate on a level of “crisis management”, ultimately resulting in disease and immune deficiencies.
– Ionized water is great for dehydration. Therapists using energy/vibrational medicine experience much faster results when their patients are fully hydrated. Many symptoms and signs of dehydration that are often considered normal are: acne, afternoon fatigue, constipation, dry skin, heartburn and headaches. The skin is the largest detoxification organ in the human body. It requires a continual supply of water (evaporation and perspiration) to eliminate wastes and cleanse the tissues. Water keeps that skin plump and smooth. Without adequate hydration, wastes build up causing acne and other skin problems.
– Ionized water reverses cholesterol build-up. With an increase in water the blood is naturally thinned, high blood cholesterol over time is literally washed away.
– Ionized water allows for greater weight management and detoxification. When there is a reduction in the amount of water in the blood, the total blood volume is reduced and more pressure is required to pump it through the body. As the body becomes more dehydrated, more and more pressure is required and blood pressure continues to rise. Stress is a contributing factor in increasing blood pressure and dehydration is the number one cause of stress in the human body. Stress regardless of the cause produces the same physiological symptoms.
– Ionized water reduces blood pressure.When the body is in a state of dehydration it cannot let go of fat. The only way to let the body metabolize fat is to allow the body feel in a safe zone for letting go unnecessary calories. Hexagonal water is know to be the most important factor of any natural and permanent weight loss program.
– Ionized water oxygenates the body and is the best pick-me up, energy booster and hang over cure via an increase in the Oxygen/Hydrogen angle. All other water is void of this Hexagonal water provides and abundant, clean energy throughout the body it moves more efficiently communicating through our cells faster (liquid crystal) because of it’s structure.
– Ionized water has astounding effects for diabetics. Diabetes is referred in Chinese Medicine as the “thirst disease” It is typified by increased thirst. The brain is 85% water and water is its primary source of energy. Since insulin is not required to carry sugar across brain cell membranes, the call for sugar is a way that the brain gets its needed energy. The results are a raise in the level of sugar in the blood throughout the body. Dr. Z.Y. Wang, Director of the Cluster Biology Lab at the New Jersey Institute of Technology says, “Proper for hydration is critical for people with diabetes because water has to be organized around insulin – for every insulin molecule, you need 440 water molecules.” Studies have show that the consumption of hexagonal water in diabetic patients produced a trend towards lower blood sugar levels in just four weeks.
– Ionized water helps with asthma and many allergies sufferers. Asthma and allergies are indicators of dehydration. Air sacs in lung tissue must be lined with water or they dry out. During extreme cases of water shortage, there is reduced water in the lungs and results in asthma. Asthma medication opens constricted airways. They also shut off the body’s call for water, ignoring the bigger problem. The outcome shows that water is possibly the best treatment for asthmas and many allergies.
Most people assume the reason they have allergies is because of their genes. Consuming ionized water helps to remove mucous from the body more rapidly and effectively. Mucous is a result from the chronic consumption of dairy products, cooked foods, especially rice, wheat and processed foods that contain high amount of gluten. Dairy produces the greatest amount of mucous in the body and is considered to be the unhealthiest of all the food groups by the general population. Mucous locks allergens such as pollen, mold, and synthetic chemicals into the tissue where they intensify. The result is an allergic reaction such as sneezing, itchiness, coughing, redness, hives and swelling.
– Ionized water gives better mental clarity and cognitive function. Brain fog or the inability to concentrate is a result in dehydration. Brain functions require electrical activity which is supplied by water. Since hexagonal water is an excellent medium and conductor for this electrical activity greater levels of energy and mental clarity is often experienced.
– Ionized relieves join pain. Hexagonal water often provides a reduction in joint pain and increased mobility for those with arthritis and other joint problems. Without adequate water, cartiliage breakdown occurs rapidly and growth for new cells are restricted. Additionally the lack of water in the body limits the body’s ability to flush acidic wastes which settle and build up in the joints.
– Ionized empowers emotional release. Beyond the physical benefits of consuming hexagonal water, studies have shown an emotional release. The water has the capability to reawakening dormant and compromised functions in the cells of the body and rapidly eliminating deeply held toxins and emotional traumas that have been hidden on a cellular level. Hexagonal water may actually be cleansing on more than one level. It may also release emotional toxins in the form of traumas and negative emotional toxins. It is believed that the consumption of hexagonal water can be helpful in raising the vibrational frequency or otherwise raise consciousness.
– Ionized water has positive polarity. Almost all other waters are negative in their polarity. Only positive polarity water can efficiently flush out toxins and poisons in the body at the cellular level.
– Ionized water is highly positive charged. This allows the cells to efficiently transmit photons to each other. This allows productive vital cell-to-cell communication. Ionized water is thousands times more healthful to your body than any other water.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY…Why Kangen Water? Kangen Best Alkaline Water? Kangen Myths? Kangen Scam? Kangen MLM? Don’t Drink Kangen…Get Informed. Get Educated. Get Answers. Get Well. Be Well. Stay Happy…
You see it all online…open source information. But do not believe everything your read nor see. Most of what is out there are people selling on price. But remember what is good is not cheap and what is cheap is not good.
So here’s the thing… I get it…We all are just trying to find the right product at the right price. But most of us will not put a price on our health. Right? If you were in a situation where you had to pay $10,000 or lose your right arm, I am sure if not most of you would find some way to pay the 10 grand.
Just like we would not prefer to go and see a discount doctor most of us would not prefer a HMO to a PPO. Our health is an investment. If we think about wellness and the methods of prevention rather than treating the symptoms (which are just keeping us sicker and not advancing us to actually living a longer, healthier and more conscious lives) it is worth any investment and more valuable that any money in the world!
A friend of mine emailed me with some questions on the water and wanted my opinion on Kangen water versus Pristine Hydro. He was looking to buy it and so I did a little homework and here are the results. I love homework and have always been a decent student…believe you me here is some food for thought…
KANGEN v. PRISTINE HYDRO or Any Other Competitors on the Market…
PLASTICS, PESTICIDES, PILLS ARE CONTAMINATING OUR DRINKING SUPPLY…What can you do?
Prevent more contamination by:
- Stop flushing outdated or unused medication (including those for pets) down the drain. There are programs in place across North America to accept old pharmaceuticals. If your local pharmacy doesn’t accept old medication, the EPA advises you contact your state and local waste management authorities. Also, consult your physician to determine which medications can be removed from your regimen.
- For women on hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills, start looking at alternatives to these estrogen-based drugs. Health professionals agree there are often negative side effects to taking estrogen, and there are natural and alternative methods for both birth control and hormone replacement needs.
- Eat less meat and dairy, and eat only organic meat, poultry, and dairy products. Certified organic farming methods do not incorporate the use of hormones, antibiotics, or steroids.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of plastic in your home. Store food and water in glass or stainless steel containers. Choose soups and milk packaged in cardboard “brick” cartons, and if you must use plastic, choose items made with recycling # 2, 4, or 5 plastic only. Remember, cans are lined with plastic too, so choose fresh and local foods when you can.
- Avoid herbicides and pesticides around the house. Check the labels of your hair products, cosmetics, and skin creams and discontinue using those containing placenta, estrogen, estriol, or estradiol.